Tuesday 12 May 2015

CHARLOTTE TILBURY

Wow. What an exciting post.
I have to start this by stating what a huge fan I am of Charlotte Tilbury. 
Ive followed her work since I can remember. Im pretty sure every man and his dog will have seen her work, even if just simply admiring a celebrities makeup and haven't realised.  She has been around for 20 years and started her career at such a fabulous time. She was thrown into the supermodel world when assisting at the fashion shows, working on faces such as Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell.  

As a makeup artist she's a huge inspiration and I love her work so inevitably I have always picked up bits and bobs to add to my kit. Yesterday however, yesterday was different. 
I went makeup junkie crazy in Selfridges and I splurged. 
Charlottes makeup has always appealed to me through her love of golden, dewy skin and masses of highlight. Her makeup range is no different.

Before I go into product info and what I bought etc, here is my Before & After. All the products used  are listed below;


Skin - Mac Strobe mixed with Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow 
On my face I'm wearing - Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation No.7
Powder - Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Medium.2
Through the brows - Soap & Glory Archery & Maybelline Brow Drama 
Cheeks - Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow & Smashbox Blush in Flush
Highlight - Nars Highlight in Albatros
On the eyes - Crease/ Mac Saddle Lid/Mac Hey and Vanilla Extract 
Browbone and Inner corner/Nars Highlight Powder in Albatross
Mascara - L'oreal Volume Million Lashes SoCouture NoirBlack 
Lips - Mac liner in Spice, NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm & Mac Blankety


Now I was in Selfridges so of course I had a little splurge elsewhere to. Yesterday it just happened to be Nars. I picked up the ever popular Nars Creamy Concealer in Custard and Highlighting Powder in Albatross(I love both... But sorry Nars today is all about Charlotte)

But here it is - My weakness.
Can we just take a minute to appreciate that packaging? And luckily it reflects the products inside. Also I just have to mention how knowledgable and helpful the assistant on the counter was that day. I shopped at the Selfridges in Birmingham's Bullring and it made such a difference to receive such good customer service! 


I also want to add what a lovely touch the box is that you receive all your Charlotte Tilbury treats in. Im a sucker for packaging but this really does feel luxurious which is what you want when treating yourself. 

So, Here we go. 
This has been massively raved about in the Blogger world so naturally I felt I had to get my hands on it and its amazing. I cannot believe quite how much I loved this from the off. Sculpt shade is super pigmented with the perfect cool undertone that a contour shade needs but just enough warmth to use as a bronzer. Really blend-able and gives you that gorgeous glow without any chunky glitters or harsh shimmers. L-O-V-E.

The Highlighter is just as lovely, Funnily enough I found it very similar to Nars Albatross which I repurchased the same day. (Doh) However, I do not feel bad about this because I love both so much they will 100% get used! It is more of a golden highlight rather than a pink tone. I find all of Charlottes range to have a golden glow, present in all of her work.

I also purchased the Powder And Sculpt Brush£35.00
 And I'm so happy I did. Id heard really good things about this brush but it really is fab and perfect for contouring. 



Charlotte swears by this. Well thats what the assistant tells me anyway!
Beautiful glowy primer and Really hydrating. It reminds me a lot of Mac Strobe Golden Elixir lotion which was unfortunately limited edition so I was super excited to find this. When I was in the shop I tried this on my hand and actually was put off as it has flecks of glitter but when on your skin under your foundation it isn't noticeable and just looks beautiful. 

Oh my god this is my favourite product of the collection by far. I have definitely found my new go-to foundation... And probably my night out fave to. If your looking for dewy foundation which is a step up from a tinted moisturiser you'll love this. Perfect for dry skin and even great for Normal/Oily skin who want to embrace their shine. I use mine with a damp beauty blender which is my favourite way to apply any foundation.


If Im honest this is least impressive product I bought but thats simply because Im not a huge fan of face powders. I love a dewy finish so I only use them on my t-zone. I hate matte cakey skin but I did find this did what a good face powder should do - reduced my oils for a good 8 hours before I felt to shiny. 




All products are linked if you are looking to purchase for yourself.
So there you go. Ive fan-girled Charlotte to the max and love everything in her range.
I will definitely be adding to my already extensive collection.
(Probably sooner than necessary!)
x




No comments:

Post a Comment