Monday 16 March 2015

CHANEL Vs NO7

Well everyone... Ive been shopping. 
Now I know everyone always says they love shopping but when I say it... I really mean it.
I could spend hours upon hours wandering round Selfridges or Boots just 
playing with makeup... and I will never get bored! Its got so bad, my poor boyfriend knows the name, shade and price of my favourite Mac Concealer. 

Recently I bought myself No7's Superlight Foundation and Ive been 
absolutely raving about it. Now as I'm sure most makeup junkies know, you just can't buy new makeup before checking out online reviews. So whilst doing my research I heard it was also a great dupe for Chanel's Vitalumière Aqua foundation. 
After I loved it so much, I foolishly assumed the Chanel foundation would be even better (Considering it was double the price!) so I went out this weekend and brought it.


Chanel VitaLumière Aqua Foundation / £33.00
No7 Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation / £14.00
 both brought from Boots.UK

So firstly I really like both their packaging. Compact and classy, nothing fancy or unnecessary. They are both 30ml & Both have an SPF 15.

Chanel VitaLumière - 'Ultra light skin perfecting makeup. Luminous and naturally radiant'

No7 Superlight - 'Life-Proof foundation for a super-natural, flawless completion with a barely there feel.'




Left - Chanel VitaLumière , Shade 40 Beige
Right - No7 Superlight, Shade Warm Beige



 The Verdict? Save your money! It pains me that I already had an amazing foundation and I went out and spent £33.00 on one that is actually (in my opinion) not that great!
No7 Superlight is totally true to its word. Really dewy and lightweight, It feels like I'm not even wearing anything on my skin. Im Normal/Combination and it suits my dry skin on my cheeks and oily T-zone. I actually can't fault it, I really love this foundation.

However, Chanel's Vitalumière I find to be actually a bit heavy for my skin. 
I tried this out for a week and every time I used it It just disappointed me. 
I kept expecting it to turn me into a Dewy Goddess but alas, It did not. 
I also found It to react with oils throughout the day and turned me a bit orangey, which I have found with other foundations in the past.
Im sure on a night out with a good powder will love this foundation but for my everyday, i'll be sticking with my No7! 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment