Saturday 21 March 2015

LONDON TRIP

So me and Nathan decided to have a mid-week break in London. It was quite spontaneous for us as Im normally a super organised freak! Saying this, we had such a lovely time and a much needed break from work. 

We got the train Thursday morning and stayed in the Park Plaza in Westminster. 
I seriously recommend this hotel, it was Uh-Ma-Zing. We were only having a one night stay  so we tried to squeeze as much in as possible! When we arrived we had reservations at Marcus Wareing's michelin star restaurant in Knightsbridge. As expected, It was out of this world and was really nice spending an afternoon experiencing how the other half live!



After dinner we spent our afternoon in the hotels spa area and had a swim. 
Whenever a hotel has a pool, you can guarantee we'll be there!


On the evening we had organised to meet our friends who live there for dinner. They took us to a lovely Italian restaurant on the Thames and then to the Rumpus Room Rooftop Bar in the Mondrian Hotel for cocktails. We had a really lovely time with an beautiful view.


We tried to get up the next morning to see the Solar Eclipse but London was really cloudy so no such luck. Friday we decided we would go shopping and see some sights so we set out and walked to The Breakfast Club in Soho. Delicious! 
Afterwards we went into Knightsbridge to do some shopping and mainly, to visit the famous Harrods. 




We actually didn't buy one thing from Harrods but had a nice time walking round the store. In the cosmetics section, I got really excited and wandered over to Estee Lauder to grab an EE cream which I've been wanting for a while. I was seen by an extremely rude sales assistant so I actually went to Harvey Nicks to buy it instead.
Luckily, there I was served by a really friendly lady who also gave me a free mascara so It was a good decision all round! 

I won't do a detailed review but I have to say the Enlighten EE cream is absolutely beautiful. Really light and dewy with just the right amount of coverage. 
I got mine In Medium. As far as Im aware it only comes in 3 colours. It costs £34.00 and you can purchase it here at FeelUnique.com.
Our train home was at 8pm so we decided to just eat at London Euston station. Our choice was Ed's Diner and it was a good one! 


So after a lovely break, we had a chilled train ride home.
Great chance to relax and read my book!

X

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like an amazing day! I love that you just decided to go and went! Then made it such a fun, eventful day! Life's too short to not take a day off and have a little fun :) (not to mention get a free mascara! score!) I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about the EE Cream? I have been searching for a good cream and so it was pretty cool that i came across your post! would you recommend it to anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an amazing day! I love that you just decided to go and went! Then made it such a fun, eventful day! Life's too short to not take a day off and have a little fun :) (not to mention get a free mascara! score!) I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about the EE Cream? I have been searching for a good cream and so it was pretty cool that i came across your post! would you recommend it to anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah, Glad you liked the post! Absolutely, Theres more to life than just work ey! :-)
      Sure, I've been really loving it. Its the best tinted moisturiser I've used by far. I'd say you need pretty nice skin to begin with as there isn't much coverage but gives a really nice healthy glow! I use mine with a really hydrating moisturiser underneath too. Great for dry skin and has loads of lovely stuff in! hope that helps xxx

      Delete