Wednesday 4 March 2015

SKINCARE ROUTINE

So before I begin, I'll start by explaining my skin type. 
I'd say I'm pretty lucky. Ive got what I call the bog standard, normal/combination. 
Fairly oily t-zone with the occasional break out, but I know my skin could be a lot worse so Im certainly not complaining!
Plus, we oily folk are known for ageing well so... Result!

My skin was a lot worse when I was young. Around the age of 15/16 I remember feeling quite self conscious of my skin. Luckily, I had a sympathetic mom who would always buy me new products to try and help. I tried Freederm, Clearasil, Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, Simple, probably every anti blemish range boots has!

In the end when nothing was working, I took a trip to the doctors where I was prescribed Duac. Its a kind of Acne Gel which has an antibiotic in and this cleared my skin up a treat. Being honest, I think age played a big part in becoming happier with my skin. All those nasty hormones calmed down and you definitely become more confident with age, which helps!

That all being said, I have and will always enjoy looking after my skin and am finally in a routine that works for me, using products that I'm really happy with.

La Roche-Posay


So I'm currently using the La Roche-Posay 3-Step Anti-Blemish System. 
This set includes -
- Effaclar Gel Purifying Cleanser
- Efaclar Clarified Toner
- Effaclar Duo + Anti Blemish Cream

I am loving this system. I bought mine from boots.
It costs £32.50 with a very brave claim of 'Clearer skin or your Money Back' !

This cleanser is a foam cleanser which I love, Really refreshing and makes me feel squeaky clean. They also don't really have a scent which I like.
The toner is really gentle on my skin and the Effaclar Duo is fantastic. 
Super lightweight and sinks into my skin almost instantly. I absolutely hate that sticky  thick feel you get with some moisturisers, but this one is lovely.

The anti blemish cream claims to 'reduce the appearance of blemishes and unclog pores. It also helps to reduce the appearance of red and brown marks. Proven efficacy on the key signs of oily, blemish-prone skin, which include:- Blemishes- Clogged pores- Excess sebum- Uneven skin texture'

Alongside this , I bought the Effaclar K.
Boots / £13.00


I also love this product however I use the Effaclar Duo more often as I feel its part of my 3-step routine. 
The Effaclar K is more of an 'Anti-Relapse' cream. I feel they are very similar though so not much to say on this product! I probably didn't need both, Either or!




Now the Hydraphase UV Intense Legere is slightly different. 
Brought from Boots / £16.50.
This is definitely an Anti-Aging product. I brought this on bit of a whim and it claims 24hr Rehydrating care. 
Im not entirely sure why I brought this and just as I expected, It's a little rich for my skin.
That being said, Summer is coming and I just know this is going to be perfect for me when my skin becomes a little dry. And of course, its an Anti-UVA with SPF 20 so this will definitely be holiday must have.

Last but not least, my Sanctuary Therapists Secret Oil.



This product is Uh-Maz-Ing. 
I was skeptical when buying this but my cousin (Who also has oily skin) urged me to buy this and Im so happy I did. I know, Oils on Oily skin sounds horrific and a total grease fest but you seriously have to give this a try.

Again, I buy this from boots and its £17.50.
The claims -
'This Sanctuary superfood for skin works on all skin types to help replenish the skin’s own natural oil content and provide noticeable plumping and lasting rejuvenation. A potent mixture of pure oils, sunflower, jojoba and wheatgerm oil, known to be rich in vitamin E, soak into skin to help hydrate and condition. Rosehip seed oil helps rebuild and strengthen while the balancing duo of precious rose and frankincense both soothe and calm, for skin which looks dewy-soft, radiant and noticeably younger.'

I promise you it delivers on all those things. I never put the pure oil on, I just add a few drops into my moisturiser and it is just beautiful. Not greasy at all, It sinks in almost immediately but leaves me with this dewy glow which I love.
 (Also, its a perfect makeup base!

No comments:

Post a Comment